Client collects skull imagery -

Janel

Skulls and bones of many species have surrounded me most of my life. The structure of bone growth is an endless source of design inspiration.

Although I no longer have pics of stone or ivory carved examples I do have some of cast lead crystal. Two sizes, one life size with removable mandible, and the other fist size. Also have tucked away in the recesses a block for a life size jade skull, humanoid. One of those projects drifting around in the ether waiting for the stimulus to become reality.

Am willing to discuss a jade netsuke project along these lines. (Maybe ivory.)

Donn

post-97-1126913298.jpg

This morning I spoke with the collector, and he described his collection interest more. Human skull and skeleton imagery and iconography. Open to medium and size. His collection ranges from B.C. to present, including Roman, Greek and B.C. to contemporary.

Does this relate to any work any of you might have done, might be available or are imagining doing in the future? Please contact me privately with your questions and offerings. I have contact information for the client, and he would like to speak with each artist who has done such work in this interest realm.

Janel

Archived