Golf Ball Carving

Dan

so someone told me about golf ball carving so i thought i would give it a try. here is my first attempt.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/duckkisser/DSCN0252.jpg

as usual it looks better in real life but i wanted it to look like it spent the day geting smacked around with a club

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/duckkisser/DSCN0253.jpg

Wow, thats an unusual idea! What part have you carved? Is it the layer below the plastic skin? I was always told the insides were poisonous and high in lead, maybe I was just told that so i would stop dissecting them on the lawn when i was a kid :) Good job, looks like fun!

nope just a super dense rubber ball. the old ones used to be a rubber string wraped around a liquid center. dont know if it was dangerous or nut but these are fine. just grab a dremel cut a line around the edge( smells like burnt plastic) then start carving i would use a mask if you use a dremil as it will put dust up in the air and dont think its health to breath rubber.

Dan,

They're looking good! a "Used and Abused" theme might be just the ticket for selling them on eBay. Give 'em some characteristic names like Duffer, Slicer, Hooker (okay, maybe not that one) Divot, Mulligan, ....you could probably come up with dozens of plays on golf terms. Stick a Tee in a small beveled block of wood with green felt on the bottom with another hold drilled for flipping the stand over when the ball is on the green and there you have your whole Advertising, Marketing and Presentation Campaign wrapped up. You can make the check out to CA$H. lol!!!

I don't actually play golf... but I stayed at a Holiday Inn once.

Is the color paint or Sharpie?

Happy carving and Holidays!

Steve

hate sharpies they just dont hold up and i dont care what they say there not permanent . nope just some cheap acrylic paint from wally world. havent decided if i want to make it so they stand on a base or can hang for instance you attach them to you golf bag.

Archived