Little Red Devil

michael B

michael what do you do with your cut offs? i asume you have dust and chips left over after you cut a piece.

this is inlay i aften do this with my wood turnings or wood projects. if you are carefull and clean it up after each project you would end up with some chips and dust that you can use for this. just thinking it would be cool to take some of the jade jewlery you made and instead of cuting all the way through cut part way then put the dust in the crove and sand smooth.

then you can have a green jade necklace with a Zypher.piece in the middle.

honestly the hardes part is sanding the stone and CA glue off to be flush and then you have to polish it with high grit sandpaper. invest in a upright sander the extra motor and belt will help out quite a bit when it comes to going through the bulk of the material. use sandpaper not any kind of chisle it dulls the blade way to fast.

Thanks mace, it can,t be carved thin like nephrite but is good if outer area is left solid, Tamworth is one of the few areas where this color can be found, can be a challenge at times to polish, the courser grain stones are difficult, sugalite is also found at one location, a rare purple gem, another called pyroxmangite, and many others, including volcanic black opal.

Archived