Maple Bookshelf With Carved Wings.

Josh Murray

What did you use to carve the wings with? Was it done with an air turbin tool? It really looks good and is the type of project I've been wanting to try. I have an area I want to carve grapes and leaves onto but trying to decide what tools would work best to do the job. I don't have a turbin tool so hoping you'll say a dremel or something I can afford.

What did you use to carve the wings with? Was it done with an air turbin tool? It really looks good and is the type of project I've been wanting to try. I have an area I want to carve grapes and leaves onto but trying to decide what tools would work best to do the job. I don't have a turbin tool so hoping you'll say a dremel or something I can afford.

Thanks Ken,I started the wings with a mallet and chisels. I unfortunately had a torn tendon in my arm so I had to switch over to the Foredom after a while. It's like a larger more powerful Dremel. I also used an attachment for it that is basically a reciprocating electric chisel that I picked up a while back. I didn't think I would like it but it turned out to be very helpful, especially with a sore arm. A Dremel would work, it would just take a while longer.

you call that crude hell it thats crude like to see you best the wings are dam fine hope you arem get better soon lve the book case if you were in nz would you want to sell it love to buy it my self if you are going to try more bits with the foredom

Archived