Bali Style Bull Skull

Duncs

Hello again,

Here Is a bull skull I've been playing around with this week. It was a good learning curve as to where the thicker parts of the skull are so my next one can be a bit more complex. Also I changed the staining a bit on the little Tagua nut frog (posted in the comments of frogs and elephants) so as to see the lines better.

Enjoy! :rolleyes: .

post-3312-0-34880100-1367999947.jpg

post-3312-0-41580100-1367999950.jpg

post-3312-0-22562900-1367999953.jpg

Hi Duncs,

About the frog...well done, I don't know what you use but way better (even though I like it a lot before ;))

About the skull....hummm...I really think that the pictures are not good enough. :blush:

I know that the limitations of the forum are sometimes not helping but I'd like to see picture where the light is better, I mean that you, clearly, put a lot of work into it and I'd like to have a better view. Never the less, congratulation :)

The skull carving is fantastic, i love the design. (even though i am not a fan of dead animals,lol).

The frog is perfect. If it were outside, you would have to look twice at it...it looks so real.

does that flower right in the middle have octapus tenticles?

more complicated are you kiding that has tons of detail and shape. can you put a candle inside the skull and show a picture of it in the dark. i bet it would light up and look realy nice. better then a jackolantern.

Yeah, It sorta does have tentacles :D tho they are supposed to represent new fern leaves growing. I've attached a couple more photos, hopefully they work out better.

Here is a link for a more detailed one, I did see one with a light in it which looked pretty cool, unfortunately cant seem to find it again :(

http://justinsomnia.org/2010/12/the-souvenir-i-didnt-get/

post-3312-0-50596500-1368070053.jpg

post-3312-0-10794200-1368070057.jpg

Archived