Sign in to follow this  
Kurt K

Southern Magi

I started a new chapter on Fire Agates. I finally found a way and the confidence to look at Fire Agate as a stone, not only at the fire. So instead of just cutting out the fire, I want to include the non-fire areas into a composition. No-one really wants the chalcedony, yet I find the resulting colors and combinations quite attractive.

While still far from the brilliant creations that are shown here on regular basis, I finally got something that I'm confident enough to declare a progress in catching up. :)

Started out as a Gypsy woman with headscarf, but then somehow did not get the proportions right and the face somehow turned into a man (partially due to the uneven thickness of the material). Anyhow, after the sex-change, lets call him " Southern Magi"

Mexican Fire Agate 30 x 20mm

Outdoors in the shaddows on a sunny day.

magioutdoorsmallsize_zps6402896e.jpg

Indoors, regular room-light during the day.

indoor_zps38b6c43b.jpg

Thank you for looking, and if there are any recomendations in regards to how to improve in future work, I shall be very welcoming to any ideas.

Best regards, Kurt

I think he is amazing! as talented as any other piece on this site...... My recommendation is to believe in your gift :)

Very nice Kurt, you just keep getting better and better. A very creative way to use fire agate too.

David