Website Refresh

Billy

Hi Billy,

Love the new site. I really like the way you reconcile between your heritage, the connection you feel to the land and the role of indigenous culture. I have long contemplated my standing in this as well.

Wonderful work.

David

realy like the site only one complaint I don't know what any of the words mean. I would love a translation and perhaps some history on your artwork. if your going to show your culture through you art I for one would like to know more about your culture.

Hi Dan. Glad you like the site.

I guess the purpose of my site is to showcase my art. I use Maori words as most of my customers and client base are familiar with the terms and names commonly used in Maori and New Zealand. Most often the understanding of the terms are irrelevant to the piece if someone simply wants to appreciate the craft. If people are interested in a piece and want to know all about it, I would give them a more in-depth story behind the work.

There are online encyclopedias that delve deep into the Maori culture, I simply don't think I could summerise the culture in a way that would suit my site, or give justice and respect to the Maori culture.

If you are interested in Maori culture, I could give some reference sites which may give you a better insight into their art.

Cheers, Billy.

• 1 month later...

Archived