Miniature Purdy Shot Gun

Richard P

I got asked to make a copy of a Purdy shot gun in miniature that would strip down and fit in a case just like the real thing. This is what I came up with....The action and barrels are made from sterling silver, the back and front stocks are carved from boxwood and dyed. The barrels clip on via a spring loaded catch inside the action and held in place by the front stock which also has a spring catch operated via a button at the front. Oxidizer was used to darken the barrels, triggers, trigger guard and highlight the oak leaves and acorns carved into top of action. Both wooden stocks have checkering carved into them and have been dyed with ink as have the two shot gun shells that are made out of silver and wood. The whole gun when put together measures just over 4 inches long. Here are a few pics I took (badly) ......Also have pics of work in progress, but don't want to bore you with them.09_zps7cc459f0.jpg010_zpsa7c5cfee.jpg011_zpsf4cacbe1.jpg014_zps5ce9cd4c.jpg013_zps3838debe.jpg016_zps1ff1671e.jpg

Archived