Justin M.

Hello world! A big hioh from Grand Rapids Michigan. I've always doodled with carving but, recently have been doing it a bit more suriously. I started out with a full tang drop point whittlers knife and recently got some x-acto blades and a wood burner for the holidays from the wifey. I've read through the forums and see amazing worlds and am just wondering if I can pick up a few strategies and critics along the way. I hope to meet some of you people soon.

Hi Justin, welcome to this site!

I've actually been away for over a year myself, I ended up getting cancer and having to stop carving, but I fully intent on getting back into it.

Aren't then artists here great!?

I'm a total beginner compared to those here, and envy their talent, your work is awesome as well.

Take care!

Chris :)

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum, Justin!

Must be the first of the year draws out those of us that have sat our for a while! I"ve been absent for quite some time too! Now that the Christmas 'elf weeks' are done ... I'm checking things out again. I'm in Petoskey, Michigan ... I have a daughter and son-in-law near Grand Rapids. Small world.

What do you WANT to carve? What size, etc? Did you make a whittlers knife, or that's what you want to use to carve with? (along with the Xacto knives. What kind of 'burner' did you get??

Regards,

Dennis

Hello Justin,

Welcome pack a lunch and some coffee and donuts as there is a ton of information here for you to read . it is nice to know when I found the site there were others just like me that have an Obsession with the fine details of working in their crafts to make beautiful things so intricately.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived