Hei-Matau Made In Sweden

Stefan L

Hello Stefan,

The kind of written language to use when communicating on the forum is likely not in the guidelines. Most of us may know a little bit of the keypad shorthand used on cell phone touch pads, but for many it is difficult to read. This forum is a global community, and for most, English is a second or third language. Abbreviations, such as found in your posts, might not make sense to some members.

Its usage is a shortcut, and does not convey a sense of respect for the readers on forums. A small amount of extra time could be taken to write words out completely and to make one's comments more readable. There is plenty of space on the forum posts for full length words (this is not Twitter).

No, it is not just Christophe's problem. I am a patient person and do not criticize choices most people make, but personally, I find the shorthand language annoying to try to figure out when I come upon it. I still read it because I want to know your thoughts about your work, and I appreciate seeing the work that you are doing.

-----

Way back, in the 50's, we had a little children's book entitled: "C D B". Here are some of the passages that I recall:

D B S A B-Z B.

U R N D L-F-A-T-R.

R U C-P? S, I M. I M 2.

Little did anyone then know that this was to be the language of the future for a portion of written communication.

I can buy that opinion and adjust to it. My personal opinion is that in only a few lines it will be okay. The funny thing was of course that the person writing to me use WTF, which as far as I'm concern, means "what the f. . k." himself in his words. Well thanx and all the best to u all.

sincerely

Stefan L

Hi Stefan,

Yes I use WTF, but in your other topic. It seems to me a good answer from someone who's posting without the decendy to say hello and which on top of that is offering to sell a piece on a forum which is not dedicated to it.

As for the texting language, even though english is not my first language, I'm completely able to understand it, but once again on a forum like this one, I do find that it is a lack of politness/education....but maybe that just me....or not by seeing how many people answer to your post......

Archived