Sign in to follow this  
dante lopez

Jade Toad

Hi guys i been away for long time i keep more in touch .here is my last piece is grey ligth blueish jade toad the eyes are made of clear agate . Whit blak enamel and gold leaf i enjoy very mouch working whit it some final detal and is finish

post-1637-0-25951800-1395781053.jpg

post-1637-0-60293700-1395781147.jpg

Hello Dante,

It is very good to see your post and your great jade toad, the creatures being one of my favorites! Very interesting solution for the eyes, using agate.

Janel

Thanks jannel i thougth in amber but as it is stone agate feels like it . Thanks christophe .the netzuke is in stand by .for the moment . Natasha was rigth now i am in the point of carving the inside and i roun out of tools . But very soon i post some pics

Love your work Dante, yet get such ultra realism in your carvings, the eyes are fantastic, do you have any pic's of how they were constructed?

David

Hi david .no i dont have .but i am working in e new frog and i can share whit you how i do it step by step. Is very simple in fact . You just carved inside the shape of evry singel gold spot then inlay the gold and grind it and polish .jajajjaajjajaja no .is e joke but it is very simple .i show in e fiew days