Where To Get 32,000 Grit Sanding Pads/micro Mesh?

Damien

Hi there everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to where i might be able to get extremely fine grit sanding pads?

I've got all the micro mesh grits going up to 12,000, but if its possible i'd like to try out the others. 32000 is the finest that i've heard of, and despite reading about a lot of people on model making and airbrushing forums having it, i'm afraid i'm turning up blanks in my search for some online.

Damien

Rather than using grit you might try converting it to micron size. Once you know this you can buy diamond belts to rip into the size pieces you want or you can buy discs.

Hope this helps

All my best ........ Danny

Danny is on the money, you can buy belts or disks up to 50,000 and cut them up and mount them on whatever you want. I made up some 600, 3,000 and 14,000 diamond strips from belts and mounted them with contact cement to paddle pop sticks for hand sanding carvings.

I have also mounted them on small mandrels for use in a rotary tool hand piece. I usually use carbide up to 3,000 then diamond, but a piece of jadeite is orange peeling badly with any carbide at all, so I am having to use diamond straight through.

David

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived