Newbie Residing In Thailand

Tom A

Hi all,

I thought I'd attempt to introduce myself and family. Presently, we, my wife, son and daughter, and of course myself, live in northern Thailand. I'm originally from northern Maine, U.S.A., right next to the Canadian border. It was a great place to grow up, and very rural. I've been fortunate enough to have travel a little in my 56 years to some nice locations, and eventually found us settling down in Thailand for now, but, we are never wanting to settle down to any particular place permanently.

Lately, I find I have more than enough free time, along with a passion to learn wood carving. I'm sure to most people, it might seem a bit odd to be taking up this type of interest at my age, but, I am always a curious person and always wanting to learn, and this is one area I hope to indulge myself. I have no delusions of becoming a world class carver, but, if I can achieve the basics, then I will be happy, and will just use that as a place to continue to grow. My hopes are, that I also get to know some people within this community and develop some friendships and sage advice along the way.

Tom,

Welcome to the forum. I too am always looking for new things to play with. No need to become world class because your doing something that interests you. I am in the position to do pretty much anything I feel like on any given day .............. What more can a person ask for.

All my best ...... Danny

Archived