Introduction

E George

post-2-1131942556.jpg

Hello Fellow Carvers:

My name is E. George.

I carve stylized floral , animal and fish designs from wood and bone that I make into pins,necklaces and bolo ties. I hope the photo of two of my pins is attached.

I work in beef soup bone that my dogs enjoy first, cheery wood, mahogany and walnut.

I'd like to learn how other carvers finish bone pieces. I am using Tripoli and White Diamond compounds. I've also stained bone pieces with tea.

I've been carving as a hobby for about fifty years. I retired from the pharmaceutical industry five years ago. I live with my wife, two miniature Schnauzers in southeastern Pennsylvania.

Saw Janel's add for The Carving Path in Sculptural Pursuit magazine. Thank you, Janel, for hosting this website.

Hello E. George!

Thanks for posting your carvings. The photo was beyond our limitations for size, so I have resized it for you this time. Please take a moment to read the post in the Photography forum: Resize Images For This Forum; Reduce file size with Photoshop. We request that images be 72 dpi, about 640 x 480 pixel dimensions, and optimized to 50k maximum file size. The post in the Photography forum will help you figure it out and if you need more help, ask!

I am pleased that you found the Sculptural Pursuit magazine, a great new magazine, and the ad I have in there, and actually took a look at the forum! Thank you!

You may find references to the areas of your interests by using the SEARCH option at the top of the page. Asking the questions may also get you some answers, we do have members who carve bone. You may also learn about good tools for carving bone, we have posts regarding that subject as well.

Have fun here! Thanks for posting.

Janel

post-2-1131942556.jpg

Hello Fellow Carvers:

My name is E. George.

I carve stylized floral , animal and fish designs from wood and bone that I make into pins,necklaces and bolo ties. I hope the photo of two of my pins is attached.

I work in beef soup bone that my dogs enjoy first, cheery wood, mahogany and walnut.

I'd like to learn how other carvers finish bone pieces.  I am using Tripoli and White Diamond compounds.  I've also stained bone pieces with tea.

I've been carving as a hobby for about fifty years.  I retired from the pharmaceutical industry five years ago.  I live with my wife, two miniature Schnauzers in southeastern Pennsylvania.

Saw Janel's add for The Carving Path in Sculptural Pursuit magazine.  Thank you, Janel, for hosting this website.

Hi E. George,

Those are nice pieces of carving, welcome to the club :lol:. Why don't you carve them out of silver?

Best Regards,

dagistanli

Archived