Sign in to follow this  
Russ O

Sorry To Say

I see this site seems to be for experienced extremely talented individuals and not the beginner minded folks... Wish you all the best and thank you for the one who has been helpful...

Russ

Russ,

Volumes are low on this site these days, something that all forums are experiencing as facebook groups take over. I have stayed with this site because of the quality of many of the carvers here because you can get feedback you will not get anywhere else.

Good luck with your travels,

David

Russ, David's comments are quite accurate. We started this forum when the format was new and exciting. Things have changed. Many of us are less enchanted with the online social interaction than formerly.

I think the greatest value of TCP lay in the encyclopedic volume of information available here, accessible through the search function. A google search with "the carving path" tagged on often functions better than the native search function.

Also a comment on critique, if I may. The greatest critic you have is yourself. If you want to improve, you will. Others may offer all kinds of critique, but it is you in the end that will filter what is offered and find that which is useful. Looking at the best work you can find(much of which is here) is a most valuable reference.

Happy trails.....

H I Russ don't leave just yet I have just got here I to do not no anything about relief carving and it would be good to have some one else in the boat with me! I have sent you a PM that might help you

Colin B

The great thing I find about the community here is that all the information is easily digestible. Some of the other forums get dozens of posts a day. I always feel like I will miss something. Here, I get to look at most, if not all the posts. I liken it to living in a small town and escaping the hustle and bustle of the big city. :)

Billy.

Hi Russ,

Sorry I missed you. Haven't been on this site much lately and I, too, am new to carving.

What I love about this site is the wealth of information here, and the talent. Inspiration comes quickly when I look at the work completed by members of this forum. Even though I can't claim to contribute much, I do get a lot out of this site whether it's reading posts, looking at "how to's", or checking out individual members' websites.

Good luck! :)