Whats holding you UP?

Rik Palm

I'm curious what everyone is sitting on!

I'm setting up for engraving and have been using an old stool. Its uncomfortable but I never seem to exchange it out for something better I just sit down and go! I tried an office chair the other day but that was too short and I didn't use the back rest except take a breather. Does your chair have a backrest? I also tried my telescope chair (heavy duty drummers stool) that work great and I can get the back for it if I want.

Rik

I sit on a deluxe Drafting "Stool". It’s really your basic Office chair with a comfortable bottom and a mid high back foot rest and wheels (no arms). The Drafting stool version will sit as low as a normal desk chair but the gas cylinder will raise it up taller than a barstool. I find this very handy for the different stations in my workshop. When I want to get even with the work or look down on it the chair adjusts instantly to the task with a fair amount of comfort. If anyone is curious about it I got mine from "Staples" they cost $125 regular price.

Patrick

Guest ford hallam

I can confirm that Patrick has a very sensitive behind and so would imagine his recommended chair is extremely comfortable. :)

As for me, being such a hard "behind", I sit on a pile of building rubble! ;)

Ford

I can confirm that Patrick has a very sensitive behind and so would imagine his recommended chair is extremely comfortable. :)

As for me, being such a hard "behind", I sit on a pile of building rubble! ;)

Ford

Not to be Crass but, I literally got a hemroid from sitting on those tiny little childrens stools for three weeks. I wiegh in around 250 pounds. Those stools were like sitting on building rubble. Ford Is a feather weight and relatively those stools are like a couch for him hehe. I may have been better off sitting on a fence post B) I would do it agian though for all that I learned about metal working.

Patrick

Guest ford hallam

Patrick,

are you suggesting that I was a "pain in the rear", I`m so hurt B) .

and as for suggesting that I`m a light-weight, grrrr :) you just wait.

as always, Ford ;)

Kathleen,

Do you stand at a desk or bench? How do you support your arms/hands, and lay out your tools?

Cornel Schneider also stands, uses a large section of a tree as a bench when standing, I believe. When seated he uses a fine looking bench.

Archived