Heidi L

Hello From Montana! Interested In Stone Bead Carving

Hello Everyone! It is great to be here.

My name is Heidi Leatherby and it's an honor to have found this forum. I have poked around a little and this looks to be the best place out there for all things related to carving.

My background is in metal smithing, with emphasis on lost wax casting/carving and some work in clay vessels. I do not have the shop set up to do this now, but at the time I enjoyed working with gems and stones the most and would like to get back into working with them.

Recently I began researching the carving of stone beads, as I enjoy the look and feel of a single focal point bead on a simple leather cord (Jades, Lapis and Jasper are a few of my favorites). The idea of spending time with a single small piece of stone and forming it into something beautiful yet simple is something that very much resonates with me.

I am very much looking forward to meeting you and learning from your posts in all areas, not just stone carving.

Kindest always,

Heidi

Heidi,

Have not been here for quite sometime. At this time in my life I am spending my time on carving fire agate and making my single beads.

Welcome to the group I am sure you will enjoy it.

All my best ............. Danny

Thank you Danny and Janel for the welcoming words. Danny, thank you for sharing what you are up to now - sometime when you are not busy carving away it would be cool to see photos of your single beads. I have been reading through some of your posts and they have been very helpful.

Kindest,

Heidi