my avatar

Guest katfen

Unless I am missing something really obvious that evades my perception (and in my state that's rather likely), I think the new avatar is rather jolly.

Let's focus on the carving.

-t

ps. on the subject of avatars, a friend told me mine looks like a set of paving slabs...

Now THAT's offensive :)

Guest ford hallam
on the subject of avaters, a friend of mine told me mine looks like a set of paving slabs..."

take it like a man, you know you can! :P

Ford, in solidarity :D

Guest ford hallam

Hello Kathleen,

I must agree with Doug on this one, that hand gesture is bound to offend someone, somewhere...........if they try hard enough! :P

as always,

Ford :D

Geez folks! I didn't get beyond seeing sheep with computers in a pasture. I didn't stop to analize anything further, perhaps missed what ever you all were seeing.

Now, this hand avatar looks like a drawing of a hand, a study, period! If anything it is a loose representation of the letter M in American Sign Language.

If two or more folks want to agree to sign up on Yahoo or another server for the instant messaging, and set up a time to IM with one another, go for it! It is that simple. Jim Kelso and I tried it, but we manage just fine with email and the phone most of the time.

I've got a Yahoo IM membership. If you want to set a time to IM with me, please contact me by email and we will discuss details. It could be fun, or intense. Mostly, I like the forum for all us to be asking questions and sharing knowledge.

Lets take it easy on each other!

Janel

I didn't say I was offended :P Somewhere in the back corners of my head something tells me that hand gesture is offensive in some culture or another....or it could just be an M. Who knows? Snow fell last night in Indianapolis and it's beautiful and I'm happy and that's just about the extent of my thoughts this morning. :D

let's see now....

I think Ford's avatar is offensive because it is clearly suggestive of intoxication and the mockery of man's faculties.

Doug, I once thought your avatar was innocent until I read its secret meaning. I am disappointed.

Dick, am I seeing something rude taking place in that avatar of yours? tchk tchk

Janel, your Rorschach butterfly elicits all sorts of imagery for which I am bound to go to hell.

As for mine, it looks like some rude youngsters spray-painted graffiti on the pavement. Where is this world going to?

We should all be ashamed of ourselves.

-t (jovial self-flagellating smiley)

ps. I thought the sheep were quite cute actually :P

Guest ford hallam

Hey Toscano,

thanks for that, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to figure the "hidden" meaning suggested by my choice of avatar. Of course, I might just be celebrating my own folly and intoxication. As for being offensive, would you expect anything less? :D

cheers, (naturally ) Ford :P

Guest ford hallam

Kampai, Toscano

here`s a cup of rice juice just for you....OK, I`ll suppose I`ll have to drink it for you, this time. :D If you make it to Cape Town anytime after January, track me down, I`ll poffer the real thing :P

regards, Ford

Guest ford hallam

Morning Kathleen,

your new avatar seems to suggest; "nil per mouth", the kind of notice placed above your bed in hospital, before an operation. Are you about to undergo some significant change? :P

or is this "self censorship"?, I can`t see that lasting :DB):)

all the best, Ford :)

• 2 weeks later...
What the...... :) ?

Doug, it's possible to have a poll (a poll forum would be a great addition to TCP) to decide on what is and what is not acceptable.  I would have to put together a few options. 

Toscano, good to hear from you and that you're not offended!  :D  I think if there were an "Off-Topic Lounge" we could take such discussions there.  That would be a great addition to TCP as well I think.  Sigh :( , well, until the options are there it will remain difficult to know where to place these 'non-carving' topics.  I think a broader spectrum is a wonderful possibility. :D

Ford....??? :D  :)

Kathleen

There are people who will find something offensive in pretty well anything, don`t let it bother you. They have way too much time on their hands to worry about something so trivial. They are just alternate opinions. Isn`t it christmas? Bye Bye. cooch

Archived