interesting web site

Guest ford hallam

Guest ford hallam

Hi all,

some of you may be interested to have a peek at this web-site. Wayne is a friend of mine who produces some interesting work which derives its technique and some inspiration from the Japanese tradition.

It`s not actually carving but never-the-less may stimulate ideas etc.

click here

regards, Ford

Guest ford hallam

Wayne`s work, Wayne`s work, Excellent!, party time :DB):)

guess who? :)

seems like it`s a slow day today. c`mon, y`all. somebody post something.

or do I have to start yet another contentious thread, hmm..... :P

Guest ford hallam

Hi Toscano,

I`m just feeling very left out having not been invited to Janel`s "busy holiday activity week-end", that everyone apparently was at. B)

It`s OK though, I know how to have a good time on my own :P

all sorts happening on my bench but I`ve misplaced my battery recharger for the camera, so no pickies yet.

cheers, Ford :D

Funny thing, I misplaced mine after the convention, and gave the camera a rest consequently. It has been found, but the camera has been lazy anyway.

My weekend was spent working on a couple of web sites, a new one being designed for a music booster club for our school district, and the Minnesota Potters with tons of images to prepare. A pixel party would have been a fun diversion!

We've got a couple of brush piles and a few inches of snow. It would be great to have ya'all here for a winter party and campfire!

I've finished the pink ivory, but the lazy camera has been hibernating. I hope to have a few hours at the studio this week! Sharing time later.

Warm wishes, Janel ^_^

The crackers sound good to me, I've not had breakfast yet! I am curious about the recipe...I like to cook.

Ford, can you illuminate us, give this non-metal bashing person some idea of how those fluted, metal vessels were made? I'd be able to interpret the how of it from clay and wood.. without much challenge...

Always learning,

Janel

Guest ford hallam

Hi Janel,

the process of raising up a flat circular sheet into any kind of hollow form is quite a complex one. I`ll post a series of images later today which I hope will go some way to making it a little clearer.

Too many bits of old metal demanding attention right now. I keep having to leave things, to cool, soak, boil or some such so can sit down for 10 min every couple of hours. ^_^

Ford

Hi Toscano,

all sorts happening on my bench but I`ve misplaced my battery recharger for the camera, so no pickies yet.

cheers, Ford ^_^

I've found life improved by buying an adapter to use house current while shooting in the studio. I suspect most cameras have this option. No more worrying about battery usage. It's nice not to be concerned while making settings that the camera is going to shut itself down.

I use the adapter as well when doing studio photography. I am finding that the monitor screen on the Cookpix 4500 is getting smaller as I age. I've put on my carving loupes to get a better look at the screen, and still could use a computer at the studio to download the images for a serious look.

We are having snow and more snow! It is lovely here this week.

Archived