something to ponder

Guest katfen

Guest ford hallam

Thank you for that, Kathleen

A timely reminder of what this season could be about, probably the most useful "Christian" sentiment I`ve read lately.

Happy X-mas, to all on TCP

Ford.

Thanks Kathleen. Along those lines I find the "Oration on the Dignity of Man" by Pico della Miradola

helpful and inspiring.

"Adam, we give you no fixed place to live, no form that is peculiar to you, nor any function that is yours alone. According to your desires and judgement, you will have and possess whatever place to live, whatever form, and whatever functions you yourself choose. All other things have a limited and fixed nature prescribed and bounded by Our laws. You, with no limit or no bound, may choose for yourself the limits and bounds of your nature. We have placed you at the world's center so that you may survey everything else in the world. We have made you neither of heavenly nor of earthly stuff, neither mortal nor immortal, so that with free choice and dignity, you may fashion yourself into whatever form you choose. To you is granted the power of degrading yourself into the lower forms of life, the beasts, and to you is granted the power, contained in your intellect and judgement, to be reborn into the higher forms, the divine."

for more see:

Here and click Oration of the Dignity of Man

I hope everyone has a Peaceful and Happy Holiday

Thanks Kathleen. Along those lines I find the "Oration on the Dignity of Man" by Pico della Miradola

helpful and inspiring.

"Adam, we give you no fixed place to live, no form that is peculiar to you, nor any function that is yours alone. According to your desires and judgement, you will have and possess whatever place to live, whatever form, and whatever functions you yourself choose. All other things have a limited and fixed nature prescribed and bounded by Our laws. You, with no limit or no bound, may choose for yourself the limits and bounds of your nature. We have placed you at the world's center so that you may survey everything else in the world. We have made you neither of heavenly nor of earthly stuff, neither mortal nor immortal, so that with free choice and dignity, you may fashion yourself into whatever form you choose. To you is granted the power of degrading yourself into the lower forms of life, the beasts, and to you is granted the power, contained in your intellect and judgement, to be reborn into the higher forms, the divine."

for more see:

Here  and click Oration of the Dignity of Man

I hope everyone has a Peaceful and Happy Holiday

Would this be the rationale for "we have seen the enemy, and it is Us?" MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE.

Hi Biwolf,

I hope your ankle is much better now!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your wife, and to everyone on this great form :) .

dagistanli.

Thanks for the concern. Spent 3 weeks in a badly fitting cast (to which I made the appropriate adjustments with my carving tools) then had a new one fitted properly that is good until the 24th of January. Much more comfortable. That makes nine weeks. Could have been worse. Can`t drive but at least I can still whine. I am carving again too. Have a good year. cooch

Archived