Happy New Year

Guest DFogg

It has been quiet around here over the holidays so I thought I would post a happy and prosperous New Years greeting to you all.

December is always a struggle for me in the shop, so many distractions and people things to do, the looming deadlines and emotions from the past. It is a frentic crush, but January opens silently. The coldest month, a time to look inside and ponder.

I have enjoyed your company this past year. We have such a diverse and wonderful group, so much talent and vision. It is the nature of the work to be alone and isolated most of the time, so I value the opportunity to read and share glimpses of each others world. Thank you for sharing.

post-1-1136116723.jpg

Nice photo Don and thanks for the thoughts. I appreciate the warm tones. It's been pretty grey up here and our early nice snow got mostly rained away. I love the deep Winter so this middling stuff gets old. There is still beauty to be found.

I too appreciate the diverse group with many points of view and hope everyone will continue to contribute.

post-4-1136128866.jpg

Hi,

It is a wild hydrangea. They grow in the woods behind my shop and stay on the bush all winter.

I am going to have to visit your waterfall one of these days Jim, it seems to be a source of great inspiration. Thanks.

Thank you for the New Year greeting and good wishes. I hesitated to write because I have no image to contribute, but that is not a good enough excuse!

We are approaching the first anniversary for The Carving Path, and I wish to thank you all for making this a friendly and informative forum! Well done and thanks to all of you!

Now, lets make this new year a good one too! There is so much more to learn and share!

Janel :)

Archived