Brain exercises

Janel

What I do for brain exercise is to see what I want to do first in my mind. A lot of the time I spend carving I think of what I want to do with my cutting tool. When I go out walking I look a beauty of nature and think of how I can work this into my work or my carving or just into my life. Walking now with the damage from the storm I see many of old oak trees some that would take 3 or 4 people to reach around holding hands, that Katrina has washed the ground away and toppled the tree over. I can look at that mighty oak and see all the beautiful things that are still in there. If I were a young man I would do my best to gather a many of these trees that I could to send to furniture, box builders, carvers and any one else that I could share the wood with. But most will just go to waste. I have a picture that I will share with all of the tree damage, aws soon as I get it developed. :)

• 1 year later...
Guest ford hallam

Howzit Tazza,

Go huh?

of chess its been said; for accountants, analysts and mathematicians.

of Go they say; for philosophers, poets and warriors.

sublime and most aesthetically pleasing game :D

Ford :)

Guest ford hallam

Berkeley, for some odd reson I'd imagined you were in Australia!, probably 'cos you called yourself Tazzo :)

far more likely to be in the US than down under so you never know.... :D

cheers, Ford

p.s. is'nt it v. early there?

We lived in Long Beach for a number of years and were very concerned about Ocean Springs where some of our friends live. How did the town/harbor fare? All those lovely coastal live oaks - a pity to lose them.

As to Soduko I found them boring. In general there appear to be 3 maybe 4 specific algorithms one uses to solve them. The order they are used in isn't particularly important. One just marches through them to get to the logical answers. Sort of like the old rubics cubes. So long as you did a series of manipulations, the cube would automatically "solve"; which is why some people can do them in a few seconds blindfolded. Not that soduko can be done blindfolded, but you get the idea ??

Ralph

(blushing smiley) I never learned, or don't remember learning, much about algorithms. So, I guess that is why it is not boring for me! I never solved a Rubix cube either... I guess my strengths lay elsewhere. It is great that we are all so different, or nothing would be accomplished in this world!

Amen to that. Isn't diversity and multi-culturalism great! That's one reason I love your site so much. Such wonderful and interesting perspectives from around the world. Wonder if there's anyone in Antarctica you haven't yet reached who pines for something to do over the long winter-over?

Ralph

Archived