hmarziali

I really like this kind of craft "carving" and I'll read attentively so as to learn about it. I haven't done anything yet, I need time to observe before making a try. I've been watching some tools and I'll see how I can make some myself.

I'm from Argentina and I work with raw hide (I'll show some pics so you know what I do) I'm glad I found this forum and I hope to learn a lot.

Horacio Marziali.

Monti01.JPG

Monti07.JPG

Monti04.JPG

Horacio,

your work looks great! rawhide craft is rare heare in the U.S. we just lost one of our great rawhide workers(cowboy products) in oregon last year, I look foreward to seeing some pics of your process!. I to work with rawhide, and knife handles, although not as my "primary" material and not as intricate as yours. nice job, let me find some pics. to post

Samuel

The blade is not done by me and I'll show it in this post when the owner (Antonio Montejano) engrave it. I did the rest of the work in rawhide.

The handle is woven with 96 tientos (colt raw hide threads of aprox. 0,85mm wide) The sheath is done with cow rawhide knife shaven and is sewn with tientos-

Regards,

Horacio

Monti02.JPG

Monti03.JPG

Monti05.JPG

Monti06.JPG

Monti08.JPG

Monti09.JPG

shaved.JPG

estaqueado.JPG

saca_tientos.JPG

devirado.JPG