I shot my kitty cat!

Rik Palm

He's our little sweet heart that wasn't suppose to be around for 3 weeks ...3 years ago!!! so we are lucky. He's getting older but still fun. He was laying in the sun (he's a sun kitty) and I tried to sneak up on him to get the shot and he spotted me and purred/cried and rolled over!

BTW: I'm not sure what I did wrong but only the link is coming up not the pic.

Rik

Here is Jodi, our little rescue kitty. She chose my muffler for a warm spot while I was visiting the dentist one cool spring morning. She weighed less than one pound, yowled like an emergency siren while I drove, unknowing of her presence, the few blocks to the repair garage to have the oil changed (muffler not hot yet). There were two very concerned men when the car went up on the hoist! We captured her, put her in a box and I tried to find out where she might belong, checking in the neighborhood and at the veterinarian's office. Our good luck that she became ours. She is the most trusting and sweet kitty we have. She also is happy with our young teenage boy, who needs her in his life! Of the two older cats, one is ancient and cranky, the other is afraid of him.

Who could resist such a face? Now she is a beautiful sable/black with large golden eyes. It is so easy to imagine carving her from ebony or african blackwood with amber/gold leaf inlay eyes....

jodi_bath.jpg

This is Amazing Grace. She is an amazing kitty. When she was a few weeks old someone threw her onto the front yard of a veterinarian who is a friend of my wife. Gracie had a broken pelvis and tail she also had a terrible infection in her eyes. My wife Kathy nursed the almost dead kitty for weeks. One eye had to be surgically removed and the other is completely blind. You might say “poor blind kittyâ€. No way. She is the most intrepid animal I have ever seen. She explores everything. She climbs everything. And she loves to be outside. We had a wooden fence built around our entire backyard so she could be explore the outdoors. She caught three birds last summer. Obviously dumb birds but she caught them just the same. She stalks with her other senses. Whenever we feel down we just look at Gracie and the world becomes brighter.

Dick

post-15-1107891520_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived