Summer Singer

Janel

TA-DAAA! :P

post-2-1150692451.jpg

The last shot out of 30! I did something right, and then the battery gave up (I left the adapter cords at the house). Tomorrow I will try to do some individual piece shots. (Mopping my brow smiley, this one was not easy to shoot!)

The shell is black walnut, large polyphemus moth wing quarter: boxwood, leaf: boxwood, peapods and peeper: boxwood, moth: amboyna, pearl eyes, crow feather: ebony, shiney find: baltic amber.

My grandson was looking at your bowl of goodies tonight and his comment was "grampa, they are so beautiful. like a rainbow." I must concur. He is only 8 years old and autistic, but as sharp as a tack. I`m generally too busy taking care of him to carve, but soon it will happen. cooch

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Cooch and grandson, that is a very nice comment! You made my weekend! And Cooch, parenting/grandparenting is a very creative occupation, and in the grand scheme of what any of us do with our lives, is the top of the list of importance.

Thank you everyone. Yes Doug, it was not easy. Dark and light subjects at the same time with opposing lighting needs, and the flatness of the large wing bouncing light, shiney surfaces... finally it worked.

Thank you Natasha and Magnus. I've been away, and will post images of the other photos, at least on my site, when I am able to work on the last round of photos.

Magnus, click on SEARCH in the forum navigation bar, type in ukibori in the keyword search box, and perhaps twleve different topics will be selected with the word ukibori in it. You may find some explainations in those topics. The SEARCH function is a helpful feature of this forum.

Janel

Archived