not so new, but different

Jacques Vesery

here are several pcs. without any turning involved... different for me [and most are in a scale I really like] ... worth the experiment... they definitely lead to evolutions in newer work.....JV

1] "Traits of Tropical Motion" 2005 carved/ textured cherry, ebony, sterling silver, paua shell, glass 4.2" x 3" x 1.5" green-left

"Precedent of the Phoenix" 2005 carved/ textured cherry, ebony, sterling silver 5" x 3" x 1.5 orange/ brown- center

"Epoch Passages" 2005 carved/ textured cherry, ebony, sterling silver, fresh water pearls, glass 4" x 3" x 1.5" purple- right

2] " Removing The Reaches in My Mind" 2004-05 4 x 1.5 x 2.5 carved/ textured cherry, amber, cocobolo [orange x2 images]

3]"Fragments in Time" 1.8" x 1.8" carved/ textured cherry with peridot, palladium leaf, silver, ebony [green]

4] "Teu Bleu" 6 x 6 x3 carved/ textured cherry,silver, maple [blue] post-189-1140291850.jpg

here are several pcs. without any turning involved... different for me [and most are in a scale I really like] ... worth the experiment... they definitely lead to evolutions in newer work.....JV

1] "Traits of Tropical Motion" 2005 carved/ textured cherry, ebony, sterling silver, paua shell, glass  4.2" x 3" x 1.5" green-left

"Precedent of the Phoenix" 2005  carved/ textured cherry, ebony, sterling silver    5" x 3" x 1.5    orange/ brown- center

"Epoch Passages"  2005 carved/ textured cherry, ebony, sterling silver, fresh water pearls, glass  4" x 3" x 1.5"  purple- right

2]  " Removing The Reaches in My Mind"  2004-05    4 x 1.5 x 2.5  carved/ textured cherry, amber, cocobolo [orange x2 images]

3]"Fragments in Time"  1.8" x 1.8" carved/ textured cherry with peridot, palladium leaf, silver, ebony [green]

4] "Teu Bleu"  6 x 6 x3 carved/ textured cherry,silver, maple  [blue] post-189-1140291850.jpg

Hi Jaques,

Those pieces are absolutelly beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Is the silver in foil form? If it is, is it applied with glue?

Best Regards,

dagistanli

Hi Jaques,

Those pieces are absolutelly beautiful. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Is the silver in foil form? If it is, is it applied with glue?

Best Regards,

dagistanli

Thanks to both of you.... here is a bit more info.;

most of these are very small... [dim. listed in descriptions] and most have sold... the smallest for $1200 and the largest [ the blue one] for $ . the posts are sterling silver tubing and on the green with peridot, there is metal leaf on the back [which you can not see in the image] to help illuminate the stone.... the metal leaf in most of my work is gilded, useing a varnish si?e.

the inspiration for these was two-fold... one, I wanted to do some pcs. which were not turned [as much of my work has been] to convey a more sculptural component.... i feel much of what I do is sculptural vs. functional in form, but when you base form on utility, i think it's easy to be pigeon-holed.....

second, i wanted to explore a sense of artifact or relic in minature.... and create an illusion of something that is, but never was.... so to speak..... example; in the past I have done pcs. which include a feathered egg or two [see attached] and no one ever questions the irony of feathers on the outside of the egg.... the proportions, scale, etc. create an illusion which makes it real in the subconscious mind

Archived