Greetings from Canada

NuViking

Howdey folks. Just introducing myself. I have always liked making things out of whatever I found lying arround. In the past couple of years I have found myself grinding knives.To expand embellishing them I jioned the Sask rock and jem society with hopes of making some fine jeweled finishings for my knives and dicovered a new fascination with Gods art. Rocks that is. Recently I read an article on carving rocks and making arrowheads. This only leads to a new fascination and the learning experience is kind of a branch off from carving some smoking pipes into a more desirable shape for myself.

Im not going to say I do fine work. Most of my work up to date has been dome with crude home made tools but the rawness of it still intriques me to learn more.

Which brings me here

So again Howdey folks.

Hi Nu Vicking, Welcome from another Canuck! I haven't carved any stone yet besides a little soapstone when I was younger but intend to try my hand at it when I have the time. I carve mostly wood now & have a good friend that carves wood & stone & he is to show me the ropes soon also.

Thanks, Robbin

My Webpage

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Nu Vicking, Welcome from another Canuck! I haven't carved any stone yet besides a little soapstone when I was younger but intend to try my hand at it when I have the time. I carve mostly wood now & have a good friend that carves wood & stone & he is to show me the ropes soon also.

Thanks, Robbin

My Webpage

Hey rock on every body and fellow canuk. I will be checking out your website soon.

Archived