Katrina photos

Ed Twilbeck

The show went very well. It was the first time for my daughter-inlaw to have a show for her jewlery and she did great. The pepole came out and enjoyed going booth to booth, visting with the artist and vendors. We had a good time and we sold some.

Thank you Ed, for sharing the photos of before and after with the bridge. Did other bridges survive, so that people can move across the water? It is good to hear that the show was a nice experience for your daughter's first time showing her work. I recall my beginnings in the earliest part of the '70s, and cannot believe that anyone wanted anything then that I was making! It is so good that people can believe in the early work of the young creative people and help us launch a life time of working with our hands and hearts.

The picture is one of two bridges that were destroyed by Katrina. The Ocean Springs Bridge, and The Bay St Louis Bridge, both On Hwy 90. They were 2 of the 3 most used paths to Biloxi, Gulfport, and the Gulf Coast of Ms.

I live in Ocean Springs and worked in Biloxi at the Beau Rivage. Traveled that Bridge 5 days a week.

Archived