International Netsuke Society Convention

Janel

International Netsuke Society Convention

Coconut Grove, Florida

January 26-31, 2007

Location: The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove (Hotel) on Sailboat Bay

Rooms at the R-C will have an off-season rate for INS members, and there are supposed to be plenty of affordable hotels nearby. (I looked and the current lowest rate at the R-C is $419 for a room looking at the city.) Room rate information will arrive later.

• 8 months later...

Janel, I very nearly planned to attend this year. I even talked with Joe Kurstin about waving some fees for a poor young person like myself, and he was very generous. Unfortunately, I just cannot swing it.

I do hope it is as enjoyable an event as the only other one I attended, in Chicago years ago, where I was lucky enough to meet you, Jim K., the late Guy Shaw, and many other wonderful people. But of course, do take some pictures! :unsure::(:)

• 4 weeks later...

The 2007 INS convention is nearly complete. Today is the final day, with lecture and workshops, more activity in the dealer rooms and a whiz-bang banquet and dance. I have some photographs which I will share when I am settled, back in the sub-zero weather of Minnesota! Today we anticipate 75 sunny and warm F° in southern Florida! Ahhhhh! Cheers to you all, it has been fun here!

Janel

Phew! We ended the week with a great salsa band and dancing! Many good things to come away with from this convention. The next site for the convention will very likely be New York City in the autumn of 2009. The goal for site and lodgings will be aimed at a more affordable range! Great news! Time for bed. Travel tomorrow night and back to sub zero weather!

• 1 month later...

Archived