Time for folks to check in

Guest DFogg

Guest DFogg

Since we updated the forum it has been deadly quiet here. Please say hello and let us know you are still there and try out the new board so we know it is actually working.

post-1-1145321129.jpg

Guest ford hallam

Hi Don,

like some of the others I've also been somewhat preoccupied of late. I'll make time this week to add some spice to the proceedings. :rolleyes:

regards, Ford

Don and everyone else,

still here. Been preoccupied with my recent move (still unpacking...) but I try to follow what's going on, even if I can't contribute much for a couple of weeks.

Will probably be a while till I have some space or time to carve again.

As for the forum it works just fine over here (Berkeley CA).

Cheerio

-t

Guest DFogg

The photo is the face Janel's cicada while he was still able to look around. I just used it to put a jolt in the system. I am glad to hear from you all, now we know it's working and that you are just busy. Hopefully some of those projects get posted on the forum. Thanks.

I am using someone else's computer, mine still won't go to the new version of the forum! I've been rather irritated about it. What a big -ing waste of time. Now, I've got to do an archived install of an earlier version of the operating syster, then reinstall the upgrade I did this morning, in an attempt to clear out what ever memory of the old site link the computer seems to be hanging on to. Refresh/reload does not do it. Clearing the cookies and cache does not do it, for any of the four browsers I have for testing and using. The IPB won't help me, I am not a customer, and Apple says it must be the software company. My server gets the new version, as does the other older Mac computer in the house. ARRRRRRGHHH!

It is time to go watch our boy play tennis at his home meet. I want to get back into business with the forum, and apologize for my absence. If I am allowed to borrow this computer again I will try to catch up with the goings on until my own lets go of the old site version.

That photo is incredible Don! What a contrast between the living and dead cicada!

Cheers,

Janel

Guest DFogg

Sorry to hear you are having all those problems. I know some Mac users complained on the blademiths forum too, but it seem to resolve itself over there. I will email one of the members to see how he got around it and send you a private email.

Hey all,

I have been around, but silent due to injury, surgery, and long recovery. After multiple mis-diagnosis and a trust fund's worth of tests, I was diagnosed with Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Long story short is every nerve and blood vessel flowing into my arms were being compressed between my collarbone and my first rib bilaterally. I had surgery on my dominant side just before christmas. The prognosis is good, but rocovery is up and down.

Enough about that...

I have been carving and will post pics soon! I have been living vicariously through all of your good works!

Keep up the great work carvers,

Derek

Thanks for sharing Derek.

Something worked right, finally! I did not do the suggested steps with Archived Install blah blah, I got busy with family and waited until now to try again. Phew, I am logged in with my computer. It is still difficult to understand, with the other Mac computer going right away to 2.1.5.

Janel

Image of Don's cicada, months after it's living season. There is a great contrast between the young hatchling and that same creature mature and dried.

model.jpg

Guest DFogg

I love that face. I notice that the mantis has the jewel on the top of its head just like the cicada. Does anyone know what that is. Thank you Natasha. What is the first insect?

Hi Don!

I've just found the name of that insect, it was "Mantis religiosa", You was right! :)

I have many macrophotos of different insects. If somebody needs photos of bugs or something else, I'll send! Probably we should open new topic, as I know, some of us would like to carve this theme!

Hi Guys.... Yep, looks like all is working well.

Pic is a recent commission, pendant, approximately 1.75 inches.

Progress sequence photographed. Will post if anyone is interested.

No problems with server change although I did receive a couple of 404 error pages about the time of change over but otherwise all is OK.

Awesome insect pics!!!! Lets see more.......

Cheers Donn

post-97-1145534800.jpg

Archived