Gatherings

Janel

Hi! It is fun to see you all logged in. When a group of folks are signed in it seems a little like we could be sharing a bit of time together. The reality is that we are all staring at a screen with our fingers poised and tapping out our thoughts. The good part is when we all write, post images and read contributions, and then write some more. It is the only way this world group of artists will be able to sustain our friendships with one another, unless we start traveling! I like being connected to you great folks!

Please let it not be at the center of the earth!

I've got a little plastic laminated map of the world that I have been putting dots on with a marker, but I fell behind with that. I believe that I don't have all of the countries marked for where the members live.

Depending upon which way you want to connect the dots, we could end up in Eastern Brazil somewhere in the southern half of Africa if we connected the dots over the Atlantic, or if we connected them over the Pacific the likely place to meet would be in Japan. North America, the EU and Australia/NZ travel distances would work out most equally that way for either southern Africa or Japan. How cool would that be?

That is by using my flat map with a secondary look at a round insert view from the North Pole with dots on the diameter circumference. That viewpoint clusters the member dots in a different way. Throw in the New Zealanders and Aussies, which pulls the location south or towards Korea or Japan, or southern Africa.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived