Hi New to forum

deweyrf91

post-228-1147548717.jpg

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I'm a woodcarver, mostly walking sticks, stained glass artist, glass etcher and just love to create stuff. The more detailed the better. Would love to learn metal engraving too. Hope to hear from some of the group here and look forward to get advice and information.

Thanks,

Dewey

Yes, it's a walking stick about 60 inches tall. It is all fir wood from a tree in my yard. I live in New Hampshire. It was inspired by a gothic stone carving on one of the portals at Chartres Cathedral in France. The figure is of a biblical figure Melchezidek, and he is holding a Chalice.

Thanks for introducing yourself, and including the picture. I am wondering about the faint illustration that shows up in the background, is that related to the gothic stone carving of Chartres Cathedral?

Welcome to The Carving Path!

Thanks for introducing yourself, and including the picture. I am wondering about the faint illustration that shows up in the background, is that related to the gothic stone carving of Chartres Cathedral?

Welcome to The Carving Path!

Hi Janel,

Even though Chartres is a mystical place, there's no mystery in the picture, just a reflection in the window! Here is another view of the whole stick.post-228-1147594431.jpg

Archived