Hello from Florida

Dixie Biggs

Hi Everyone!

I'm in total AWE of the work I've seen on this forum!!! Time for me to quit lurking in the shadows and introduce myself.

My name is Dixie Biggs and I started dabbling in wood carving as a teenager. I then discovered woodturning and have been turning professionally for 16 yrs. There has always been a carving thread that has run through my work, and a few years ago I decided to pick up that thread and see how far I could take it.

My inspiration is as close as the trees and plant in my yard.

Here is a piece I just finished out of Brown Mallee Burl 3 3/4" h x 5 1/2" dia.

post-235-1148517254.jpg

post-235-1148517338.jpg

More of my work can be seen at: www.dixiebiggs.com

Welcome to The Carving Path Fourm! It is so good to see you here, thanks for introducing yourself. Dwight posted a photo of one of your pieces a while ago in New Work & Show and Tell and whetted our appitites for seeing more with posting your website address.

Guest DFogg

Hi Dixie, Thanks for sharing such beautiful work. I would love to see shop photos and know more about your turning process. Very interesting. Thanks

Dixie, Thanks for sharing your very beautiful work. I Love the combination of turning and carving. Having done many a turning with some of them carved. I visted your website and enjoyed your fantistic work Welcome to the carving path and I will look for more postings from you. Ed

Archived