second carving

Greg Delaunay

Hello with you all!

sorry not poster more often, but I read you regularly, and I am each time amazed by seeing your creations! . Here is my second sculpture in progress, I will try to put more details than on my first…

Hello Greg,

You've done it again! Beautiful work. Can't wait to see it finished! What are the dimensions? What tools are you using?

I'm tempted to carve it on silver for a pendant. Woul you mind if I do it?

dagistanli

Thank you !

Janel, it is elephant ivory, I don't find an good block of mamouth tusk.

She's 6cm hight.

dagistanli, no problem to carve it if you want!

For the tools, I use a power carving motor (right name?), then one file and one chisel...it 's a long time that I say that I should do others of them!!! :angry:

Thank you !

Janel, it is elephant ivory, I don't find an good block of mamouth tusk.

She's 6cm hight.

dagistanli, no problem to carve it if you want!

For the tools, I use a power carving motor (right name?), then one file and one chisel...it 's a long time that I say that I should do others of them!!! :angry:

Thank you Greg, I was afraid you might say NO, cause I loved the posture of the figure, and another thing is I will be able to follow the steps which will be an excellent tutorial for me ;) . I don't know how successful it will be, but I will try and post as I go along to see how it goes, I've never carved a face before, this will be my first time!. Your carving is three dimentional but mine will be a rased figure, a cameo of some sort. And yessss I strongly urge you to carve others because I think you're doing a great job, HONESTLY!!!. Look at that beautiful and innocent expression on that face!

Best regards

dagistanli.

Hello with you all!

sorry not poster more often, but I read you regularly, and I am each time amazed by seeing your creations! . Here is my second sculpture in progress, I will try to put more details than on my first…

Just one more thing, I think you've put a lot of emphasis on the hand, did you want to convey some thing special? It looks like it's a hand of a skillful artist, by the way its situated, and the size of its nuckles and finger joints (especially the thumb).

Best regards.

dagistanli

Hi Greg,

Just checked out you site. Didn't have much time as my bench awaits me but I saw enough to be quite impressed - very nice work indeed - I think you'll do quite well carving even without two eyes. I can relate in that I often work with a watchmakers loupe to get to 10X and can then use only one eye - it's tricky. Thanks for sharing.

Magnus

• 2 weeks later...

wonderful carving. i want encourage you to carve more, i too have only one eye working, but i have it almost my whole life. one can learn to see with one eye only. one trick is to move head ever so slightly, you get more of a 3d-effect then. ... i am looking forward to see more of your work, beautiful works on your homepage too.

oh she is beautiful ! i so much would like touch her, feeling the gentle curves and shapes you have created. wonderful, keep going ! ... you say is your second carving, i wish i could carve like that, i am far from that after 2 years. i admire your work ...

Hi Greg,

That looks bautiful!!! Almost lik real.

Best regards,

dagistanli.

Hello Greg,

In his later years, the German composer of instrumental music Bethoveen continued to compose music even after he lost his hearing completely, and he has astounded the world! With one eye vision, you have done such a good job in both mediums, its great! What more can one say.

BTW, this is a picture of one of our pop singers and actresses in Turkiye, I thought the faces resemble each other? Except the picture looks like it’s an older version?

Thanks for sharing, and Best regards,

Ekrem.

post-155-1158176154.jpg

post-155-1158176276.jpg

Archived