Pictures of a S.Silver key holder

Ekrem

Here is another work of mine. It's a Sterling Silver key holder I made for my elder son. He races with sails, and "XMayis" was the name of his first sailing boat with wich he raced on the year 2000. So this was also made about 6 years ago. The Ottoman scriptures on the piece was put as an ornament to give the piece an antique accent. The Ottoman scripture in the front where the crescent and the star are; the top one is the name of my son "Muhsin" and the one below is the date I made the key holder, and they are 18k yellow gold, pierced and soldered.

Best regards,

ekrem cifter.

post-155-1157901899.jpg

post-155-1157901922.jpg

post-155-1157901939.jpg

post-155-1157902013.jpg

post-155-1157902027.jpg

post-155-1157902042.jpg

post-155-1157902077.jpg

Your son is very fortunate to receive this very nice key holder. It is a complex project, with hinge and parts to fit together, and It looks as though you also made the key ring/clasp as well. It is a very lovely piece.

Hello Janel,

Now I feel much better, and inspired. Thank you very much for your complement. I didn't make the key clasp, it's commercial, but the attached chain and the clasp are both fairly easy to make, all the rest are mine.

Best regards,

ekrem.

Hello Ekrem,

This is a very beautiful locket - lovely images. The carvings are quite deep and well done - did you use a hammer and punch for some of the backgrounds or is it all done with your gravers? I like that you used seats for your hinge tubes so that the locket will stop when open without putting a strain on the hinge - nice locking mechanism as well. Thanks you for sharing. I love to be able to see work from artists around the globe - this site is quite remarkable.

Best wishes,

Magnus

Hello Ekrem,

This is a very beautiful locket - lovely images. The carvings are quite deep and well done - did you use a hammer and punch for some of the backgrounds or is it all done with your gravers? I like that you used seats for your hinge tubes so that the locket will stop when open without putting a strain on the hinge - nice locking mechanism as well. Thanks you for sharing. I love to be able to see work from artists around the globe - this site is quite remarkable.

Best wishes,

Magnus

Thank you for your kind compliment Magnus. It was quite a complicated and time consuming work for me. The face containing the sail is, composed of 10 or 15 pieces. All the parts of the sail including the frame, and the letters are pierced. The canvas of the sail is chased to give a wind blown accent, and then engraved, and all parts soldered together on the silver plate after the waves are carved on it. In the front where the crescent and the star is placed, the crescent and the star, the ribbon where the name in Ottoman scripture is soldered on, the piece where the date is soldered on, and the name and date in Ottoman scriptures were pierced in 18k yellow gold and all soldered piece by piece to their proper place including the frame surrounding them after the leaves carved on the second sheet of silver. Then after all that’s finished I started to carve Abdulhamit’s seal and the flowers around it inside the locket. After that, I started to make the box, and used a hammer and a punch to decorate the back ground when all is finished. I envy your work on stones, you’ve done a great job on “Windswept” it’s marvelous. I hope I didn’t bore you with all that explanation.

Best regards,

Ali Ekrem Cifter.

a wonderful piece, i admire a lot. i saw from looking pictures the many work which must be in that, and thanks to your explanation i now have a little of an idea how it was done. thank you for sharing

You are most welcome stonecutter. It's my pleasure, and also thank you for the compliment.

Best regards,

ekrem.

Archived