Dick Kahle

My name is Dick Kahle and this is my first posting. I started carving wood, under my Grandfather's watchfull eye when I was 10-12 years old. Since then my fascinaion with carving wood has grown and continued for over fifty years and continues unabated today. In recent years my favorite subjects have been, Fishing Lures, Fish Spearing Decoys, with some Decorative carving of Fish, Birds, and Fantasy / Mythological Animals. I am becoming more interested in carving the smaller animals, fish, frogs, turtles etc. Trying to do carvings that will fit into a small space. I use both hand and power tools to carve with and wish to learn more about making my own for doing very small subjects.

My name is Dick Kahle and this is my first posting. I started carving wood, under my Grandfather's watchfull eye when I was 10-12 years old. Since then my fascinaion with carving wood has grown and continued for over fifty years and continues unabated today. In recent years my favorite subjects have been, Fishing Lures, Fish Spearing Decoys, with some Decorative carving of Fish, Birds, and Fantasy / Mythological Animals. I am becoming more interested in carving the smaller animals, fish, frogs, turtles etc. Trying to do carvings that will fit into a small space. I use both hand and power tools to carve with and wish to learn more about making my own for doing very small subjects.

Welcome Kahle, I'm sure you'll enjoy The Carving Path just as much as I do, and maybe more.

Best regards,

ekrem.

Archived