New member.

graham

Hello Everyone. My name is Graham Simpkin. I live in Staffordshire in the UK. I have been making miniature furniture for a living the last 15 years so I have quite a bit of experience using lathes, saws, routers and hand tools but I havent realy done much carving. I was surfing the world wide woodworking web and I came across the website of Mr Ko Baas, I was blown away by the beauty and elegance of his work. I was inspired by his of carvings and thought I might like to have a go myself, I emailed Mr Baas and he kindly gave me some advice and information, also he pointed me in the direction of this forum. So here I am, hoping to learn, and eventually perhaps, in the distant future, I will be able to contribute and maybe post a photo. I thought carving netsuke would be a great way to relax ( what better way could there be to relax away from woodwork, than by doing a different type of woodwork )

Thanks to everyone who has helped me with the question about making tools, I am already learning lots from the posts. I have two websites of my miniatures ( not carving, but if anyone is interested they are at www.ann-marie-miniatures.co.uk and www.dollshouse-tiles.co.uk )

All the best.

Graham.

Archived