inlayed signature?

nebraskarod

I am not sure where to start, but I found this website and was impressed with his carving. I was especially interested in the way he signs each piece with what appears to be a gold 'thing' impressed with initials. I know I am not doing it justice, but I would like to create something like that. Any suggestions, or pushes in the right direction?

http://www.netsuke.fr./index.html

thanks, rod

The artist is Yann Christophe Lemaire, and is a new member here on the forum. I know other netsuke artiste who use initialed gold inlay for thier signature. Since I do not use it, I won't try to give you any advice about it. Perhaps others will.

Thanks, I do not know that I can afford gold as a hobbie, but who knows.

I have been following Mr. Sterlings book. So far I have carved the duck and I am finishing up the sleeping mouse. I think it would be neat to start adding something unique to my carvings - like the signature plate.

I would also note that using a rotary tool has brought something new to carving for me. I have only used hand tools thus far, but broke out the old dremel to follow along and it has been quite fun so far.

always learning - rod

Archived