need help

spurg

Thanks for asking this question. In the past, I thought that we posted images of our working spaces but I cannot find it yet. It is around here some where!

I did try to get a thread going a long while ago called Bench Exchange, siting another web site which shows work space solutions. It did not go very far. Maybe it is time to try again.

I've recently added a double unit to my carving room, an antique, with sixty small drawers (11 x 7 inches drawer interiors). That freed up the drawers in the old drafting table for tool storage at my right hand. I am still settling into it. My answer is drawers for storage. Can't have enough of them.

The next step is to reduce what is not necessary, to make more space. I don't have images of the new arrangement, sorry. Another time.

My goodness Natasha-

Your work area is so neat and clean. Compared to yours , mine is a junkyard. I need to get organized like that soon!

BTW- I notice the piece as the one you just posted the pictures on. What are you carving it on. Looks like a book with a towel around it. (Sorry for being nosey, just picking around for cool ideas LOL)

Thank You! I try to have only neccessary tools on my table, when I do rough shape I have big tools, gravers and other big things. As soon as I finished the rough work, I put all big tools into boxes under table and take small handtools, files and others. Before polishing I do BIG cleaning, on my table only sticks with sand-paper, pieces of diffrent sand-paper, solution of alcohol and water 50/50 for washing, two or three very thin tools for corecting and white cotton gloves, others hidden! I begin to use cotton gloves after rough work, I don't like when ivory mammoth becomes yellow and dirty. Yes, I use a big journals as a small table on my table, it is two catalog of fashion. They are old and all models ugly dressed. ;) I've dreamed about such work-shop, this year I've got it! My husband made this table for me! :)

post-2-1161384069.jpg

Archived