Greetings from Holland

jimbo

Here Holland calling :)

My name is Jim Bishop and live in Holland I was born in England (Leek) but cant remember it because I was 7 when I left so my English will have some mistakes.

But if you understand me so what <_<

I want to start carving bone and was searching for help on the net and so came here.

I havent done any (nice) work yet but you never know mayby soon .

First I want to try make some tools from scratch becouse I have seen a lot of home made tools here to copy.

I have allready got a original Dremel and two copy's (cheap ones).

The greetings from Holland :)

Hi Jim! Welcome to The Carving Path Forum, I hope you find some good information to help you on your journey to carving bone. This is a good group of folks, so ask questions and offer your own knowledge. Thanks for becomming a member.

Hi Jim! Welcome to The Carving Path Forum, I hope you find some good information to help you on your journey to carving bone. This is a good group of folks, so ask questions and offer your own knowledge. Thanks for becomming a member.

Thanks I think I will ask a lot of questions ;)

• 1 month later...
I want to start carving bone and was searching for help on the net and so came here.

I havent done any (nice) work yet but you never know mayby soon .

First I want to try make some tools from scratch becouse I have seen a lot of home made tools here to copy.

I have allready got a original Dremel and two copy's (cheap ones).

Jim, a book I've seen recommended elsewhere on this site, and one I have found very useful, is Bone Carving by Stephen Myhre, published by Heinemann Reed. Stephen is a New Zealander and NZ has a long history of bone carving. He shows how to make several tools and also how to braid cords for hanging finished carvings from. I'm sure Amazon will have it.

Good luck with your carving.

Ian.

• 2 weeks later...
Jim, a book I've seen recommended elsewhere on this site, and one I have found very useful, is Bone Carving by Stephen Myhre, published by Heinemann Reed. Stephen is a New Zealander and NZ has a long history of bone carving. He shows how to make several tools and also how to braid cords for hanging finished carvings from. I'm sure Amazon will have it.

Good luck with your carving.

Ian.

Ian,

Thanks,

I have got the book and made some tools in the past few weeks.

When ik got the time i will photograph them :unsure:

Archived