More Christmas food.

Ian

Having introduced myself on the 'Who's Who' forum, here's my second attempt at posting a photograph. Hopefully this time it will be about the right size. I used EasyCrop, as recommended elsewhere, to reduce the file size and pixel count.

They may not look as delicious as Janel's potato pancakes but I liked the sculptural aspect of both the nuts and the garlic. They are carved from the same boxwood log. The chestnuts are stained with tea, which gives an old fashioned colouration - not at all garish or 'chemical', while the garlic is just natural boxwood - no stain.

Has anyone else tried staining with easily available products like tea? I should give coffee a chance. Maybe next time.post-731-1167151626.jpg

I really like those Ian. I've wanted to try carving garlic, and have had particularly lovely (?) cluster at the bench keep me company now and then, but I never get to it. The chestnuts are very handsome too. The tea stain is quiet dark, and seems to have worked well for the wood.

Tea was used to stain a piece of mammoth ivory a while ago but it was a light stain compared to the effects on the boxwood. http://janeljacobson.com/carvings/334.html

Is the 3D photography for cross-eyed viewing or divergent? Oh, the size is good for the photos, thanks.

Is the 3D photography for cross-eyed viewing or divergent?

Janel, this stereo pair are for cross-eyed viewing. I took a look at your website, Janel, and was amazed at the quality of your work. Absolutely beautiful. I hope you realise that Im typing this while kneeling, with my fore-head touching the carpet!

Ian.

Archived