Kumihimo workshops in Portland, OR

B.K. Henderson-Winnie

Hi!

I was just going through the Spring catalog for Oregon College of Art and Craft class & continuing ed workshops listings, and I noticed that two one-day, all-day workshops are being offered in kumihimo. I don't have any personal experience with these classes just yet, but they seem reasonably priced and worth checking out.

The first one is Feb. 10 and is a workshop using the round disk, and the second one is March 10th using the square disk and some experimenting in the computer lab with a braid design program called Braid Runner

If you're in Portland, or in the region and are interested, more info can be found here (scroll to pg. 12).

Bonnie

:unsure: Thanks Bonnie! It is a little far for me though :(

Yeah, I know the feeling- I once got very excited to find on one of my web searches information about a six week netsuke carving workshop that fell just in one of my summer break periods, only to find when clicking on the link that it was in Japan :)

I am hoping that I can go to at least one of these workshops, since I've not seen them offered before here and it may be a while before they're offered again! The person teaching them, though, has written a book on braiding and designed the braiding software, so I figure even if I can't go to either of them due to work, I can probably contact her &/or purchase her book.

Bonnie

Archived