more mini studio choices ?

Patrick Hastings

BugEyeDigital

I stumbled on this site and its selection Macro set ups. The internet photo studio on the bottom of the page looks like it might be a versitle affordable setup for small items. Anybody have expirience with a setup like this?

Queastion number two. I have a Sony cybershot 828 that takes great macro shots if the light is just right. I was shopping for free standing difusion lights when I stumbled on Ring lamps that attach around the lens body. these just stay on unlike a ring flash.This looks interesting because of the portability. Might be good for feild shots of bugs and flowers and such, but how would it work as the light source for taking shots of Tsuba? any opinions welcome. There are two models I found one that is made specifically for the sony camera at $300(found it for $240 else where. THen there is a universal model by Samigon that can be had for around$100 Samigon ring lamp Anyone have expirience with thoughts on this type of lighting solution?

Guest DFogg

I never had much luck controlling flash units. I have studio strobes with umbrellas and even a light tent, but it all is way overkill. What works best is indirect light. The florescent unit looks good and not a bad price, but there again you could build something for alot less that is made for your use.

Archived