New to the carving path

Don Barnhill

Hi,

I found your website as a result of an article in Woodcarving Illustrated magazine. I was looking for Cornel Schneider's site and found this link. I'm so glad I found it. I've already learned some things from the techniques section.

As you can see my name is Don Barnhill and I've been a carving as a hobby for about 15 years. I live in North Carolina, near the coast. I make a few knives, mostly using blades I've bought, and I like to use deer antler for the handles. I carve the handles. I must confess that my knives are not as nice as Don Fogg's. He is a true artist in that area.

I carve things that catch my fancy. I am in awe of the carvings of Cornel Schneider and of Janel's. I saw her carvings some time ago on her website.

By the way Janel, as of today I haven't received the reply from the admin of this site. It wasn't in my spam box either. And thank you so much for allowing me to be a member.

Don

Hi Don,

Welcome to The Carving Path Forum! Thanks for introducing yourself, and I am very pleased to learn that the forum was mentioned in the magazine with Cornel's article. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of a copy of that issue!

Do you have any images of the work you do? If you post images, have a look at the Photography section to learn about what the forum requests for file size etc. Thanks.

Things seem to be working, so I won't worry about that message.

Welcome aboard!

Janel

Archived