recent work

Bonjour mes amie

well it's been a busy summer/fall/winter.....the following posts are new pcs. from a solo exhibit at the Midtwon Payson Galleries in Hobe Sound, Florida thru April 13th, 2007.... 28 pcs total on exhibit! First sale was to the Yale Art Museum, so I guess the show is off to a good start B) ...glad to have finally found time to get back on "The Path" ... enjoy

"Aqua Nova" 2005-06 3" x 7" D carved /textured cherry, african blackwood burl, acrylic, carved opal

post-4-1172761560.jpg

640 x 480, about 50 k file size. The dimensions are relative, but a reasonable suggestion for size. It is especially the k file size that counts up. Thanks for asking.

It is good to see you and your work here again!

That's a very hypnotic form and texture. I like how you relieved the tension created by the 'vortex' by choosing to create one of the central elements in a contrasting material. Any close-ups of the center?

p.s. I'm getting around to delving into some of the offcuts you sent me- it's like a box of chocolates :o

Good afternoon Mister Vesery. I discover with a real pleasure your work. "Aqua Nova" is a good name, when i see your carve, i think about oyster, the form, the colour. But here, the water is in the shell ? Isen't-it ? I like your work, it's nice and original. :o

That's a very hypnotic form and texture. I like how you relieved the tension created by the 'vortex' by choosing to create one of the central elements in a contrasting material. Any close-ups of the center?

p.s. I'm getting around to delving into some of the offcuts you sent me- it's like a box of chocolates :o

thanks Doug.. I will post some detail shots soon... glad you can use the wood and would like to see what

you do with it

Archived