Kelso Lecture & Museum of Art & Design, NY

Jim Kelso

This is a slide talk I've done a number of times. The first part is an homage to Japanese works of the late Edo and Meiji periods. The second part is a step by step sequence showing the making of a kagamibuta style pin(see below). The last bit is a gallery of my work in rough chronological order. Sorry I didn't post this earlier, it's Thursday(March 22).

HERE is a link to the museum blurb. Hope to see some of you there.

post-4-1174147449.jpg

Thanks Tom! I didn't break any bones and actually everything went very well. About 35 attendees which was pretty good considering the competition from "Asia week". I also attended many of the exhibitions of various dealers of Asian art from around the world set up in various venues around the city for that week. Many fascinating works and a chance to catch up with many old friends. I had a great time.

My friend Valentin Yotkov came to my talk. He was classicly trained in Bulgaria in repoussage, which although not carving, I think would be of interest to many here. I'll post a link to his interesting and informative website under "The Way".

Archived