Ring "Jim'

sergio

post-683-1177248706.jpgpost-683-1177248683.jpgpost-683-1177248666.jpg After seen the work of Jim Kelso, i want to make a jewel with some of his spirit. I like to carve leaves, but i never put a butterfly on anyone of my carves. This ring is in silver with gold plate on the butterfly. The weight is around 30 g, the diameter 22 mm, and the high 15 mm.

Guest ford hallam

Hello Sergio,

that is really a very charming piece of jewellery and a lovely gesture; "an homage to Jim" :D . You had better watch this Frenchman, Jim! :rolleyes:

saluté, Ford ;)

Thanks for compliments. Yes, the ring is made in wax and cast. After, i just polished and dyed the silver. I think you have a good idea when you say that it will be better if the moth was in solid gold. If i made another ring, i do like you say, thank-you. I wear this ring every day, and i tell me "s..., the gold don't hold out very longuer. But it's to late. :rolleyes:

Thank you Jim and all, since i came on TCP, i discovered many artists with great talent. These artists influence my work, and when the influence is important we must say it. Is there better compliment? Excuse me Jim, but i don't understand "aw Schucks".

Wowie!!!!!!!!!

that's really nice!

Would like to know how you did this? With wax and ........

I do not carve in metals but I just started a course to make juwellery

It's really nice to do but i like to see how you did this, you know

It's so nice to make your own rings and stuff.

One day I would like to make one to, and a bracelet and a neckless and.....

Well there's so much to lurn yet!

Anyway respect to you dude!

Cheers b_art79

Hello Jim, hello b art79. In french, a shy person is: "timide". Thanks for explications. To do a ring like that, i take a piece of wax, and i carve it. To carve, i use a microscope with two opticals (binoculaire). The magnification is x 20. I finish this piece in wax (texture, polish, all...), and my jeweller cast it ("cire-perdue") in silver. After, i polish the silver, i dye it, and my jeweller plate gold where i want. The adventage of plating gold is the price, my moth cost 15 euros, if i use solid gold (it's better if you worn your ring), it costs around 100 euros.

Archived