Welcome to the New Metalworking Forum

tsterling

Here's the new Metalworking forum as promised. This area is for technical discussions and tutorials relating to metalworking.

Please post Show and Tell work in the general Show and Tell forum - I'm sure all of us wish to see everybody's new work, whether wood, ivory, metal or whatever else!

Any discussions relating to doing business, discussions of The Way, etc should still go into the general area forums, since they tend to have relevance to the universal aspects of what we all do. Please use your best judgment where to put topics, we don't want to exclude any folks unnecessarily.

Enjoy and Thanks!

The Management

Guest ford hallam

I for one, and I'm sure I echo the sentiments of all of our members, would like to offer a sincere and heartfelt vote of thanks for the, often unseen, labours and efforts of our administration team. Janel, Jim, Tom and Don; thanks for all you've done to make this place a reality and for all you continue to do. I know we all appreciate having a little place of our own on the net where we can check in daily from our otherwise solitary work. :)

Here's to your continued health and more strength to you elbows :) I won't suggest wealth as we all know artists must be poor to do good work! :rolleyes:

very best regards, Ford

I second, third, etc. all of the above. This is an excellent forum!

Like Ford suggests, I too work in relative isolation all day, a sort of medieval sculptor's existance. At the end of the day, it is great to know that there are others who not only share my varied interests, but are willing to discuss them at length. The variation of skills, interests, and talents, is amazing, and the willingness of the members to share their knowledge is unbelievable. The addition of this metalworking form makes it all the more interesting.

Hats off to our admin team, and a particular thanks to Janel for inviting me to join.

Phil

Guest ford hallam

Hi Rocio,

welcome to the slowly growing band of metal worshipers :) . I've had a quick peek at your own site, absolutely wonderful work. You obviously have a very deep passion for your medium and the processes you use. I'm sure there are many here who would learn a great deal from your approach and methods. I hope you will find this an interesting and enjoyable place to visit, perhaps when you take a break in your working day.

very best regards, Ford (the tsuba guy) :)

Hola Ford,

Thanks for the Welcome and for visiting my Website ! I really appreciate your comments about my work.

And Jim hi... I know...I've been lurking here for a while... wonderful Forum :) and great resource! Your artwork is just amazing! With much respect for your work!

~ Rocío

Archived