Hi from Brazil

remo

Hi

My name is Remo from Brazil i'm a bladesmith and like japanese blades and metalwork.

Many thank's for share tutorial an information , i don't have much skills in carving but i try learn with time.

Best Regards

p.s. sorry for my poor english

post-1375-1181040525.jpgpost-1375-1181040550.jpgpost-1375-1181040563.jpgpost-1375-1181040577.jpg

Guest ford hallam

Hello and welcome, Remo

It's always good to have another metal basher here with us :) . Your own work looks very nice. I particularly like the gold wire inlay (?) on the bare wood saya.

cheers, Ford ( the tsuba guy :huh: )

Hi ford,

You have a website?

The wire inaly is in silver,

Many thank for the tutorials in japanese metalworking,

Currently a make a all the works in my pieces ( saya, tsuka, blade ,habaki , togishi etc) except the fuchi , kashira and menuki ( making in casting brass by the other person).

I just try make your tecnique of inaly silver wire in stell tsuba ( sae 1045 stell ) i make chisel in old files , but the i think i make the shape of tools wrong ( include my poor technique ) , i try later in iron for more soft material.

As soon a wil make a simple kozuka too ( included a kogatana ),

Thank's again for share tutorial and teaching

for view the sword in action please visit

www.remo.art.br

Guest ford hallam

Hi Remo,

I'm pleased the tutorials were of use to you. I am working on more and will eventually cover all the basics. My own web-site is very close to being launched. I'll post a notice at that time.

I also made my first chisels from old 6 inch files. I annealled them and sewed them each into 6 chisel blanks. Hard work but good steel for the job. I'll post some diagrams of Japanese chisel shapes, angles and measurements etc. on my site.

Best regards, Ford

Aloha Remo,

Welcome. Sorry it took so long to get to it. Things are cranking up around here. Good to see your work. I noticed from your avatar that you are from Minas Gerais. Isn't that in gem and mineral country, where a lot of gem carvers get their rough?

Karl

• 3 months later...

Hi Remo, I like your work. You have a very good tradition of knifemaking in Brazil. I have met some of your colleagues in the argentinean forum Armas Blancas, and in the brazilian subforum in the Knife Network, the SBC subforum from the Sociedade Brasileira de Cuteleiros.

Saudades

Gonzalo

• 3 weeks later...

:mellow:

Hi folk´s,

sorry for the later response,

i´m moving my studio/shop and there no are internet yet ( i´m dreaming some days too ).

Some times i go in a lan house, to view the emails.

Hi Brian chan,

i make all parts of the swords and knifes ( but some fuchi/ kashira and menuki a dont make , was making in lost wax casting in brass), i loved your pieces too, verry nice work. congratulations.with the time i try learn more japanese decorations tecnics.

Hi Gonzalo,

great i´m menber of sbc too there are many good knife makers, in november i go in a brazilian knife show

http://www.saopauloknifeshow.com.br/ to show some pieces in a table and view the friends.

Hi David,

thanks, your work in verry nice too, in the next year i´m buy a hidraulic press to make some damauscus and my steel ( like tamahagane).

Thank´s again folks,

Regards,

Remo :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived